Thursday, May 04, 2006

Non Farm Payroll

The ECB did what as anticipated and caused very little fluctuations. I am still expecting a big move this week, so let's see what the non farm payrolls will do. There could be a lot of volatility in the announcement. As I said in the previous blog, I will probably tighten stops right before the announcement and then trade the announcement. This means I will either be stopped out and flip trades or add to the positions as it runs after the announcement.

I was stopped out of the Usd/Cad due to volatility. I have an entry order at 1.1017, allowing a break below the lows.

I am looking at placing an entry order on gold and silver, both long of course. I haven't decided at what level to place it yet. We will see.

We haven't recovered all the uncaptured gains yet but we are still doing well and on track,and uncaptured doesn't count until you close it out.

Below are the current positions and current stop losses.

Have fun with the announcement. It could define the dollar.