Wednesday, August 08, 2007

How do you like them apples?

I said that the 100.75 to the 101.25 range was a good time to buy. The Aud/Jpy is playing well off of the support as the trend continues from prior. If you got in mid point you should be up about 240 pips as of today. Not too shabby for a few minutes of reading.

Now with the USD/CAD. I have been pro Canadian for months now and the pull back has played out well. We talked about selling off on August 1st, price was near 1.0600 but I didn't get any graphs posted. Now we have had a good move and a pull back. I think 1.05 is a good resistance and shorting point. 1.0630 is the next resistance level with some wiggle room to watch out for. We may see some consolidation and slowing near 1.0400 and again near 1.0350. If we can clear these levels, the 1.02 and even parity is possible. This graph is a 4 hour chart.



Gbp/Nzd is close.

1 comment:

BillA said...

I like the trade, Blake! I was able to get in short on 7/31 (8/1 on the calendar) for a little better than 1.06. It still looks like a very nice downhill ride.