Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Scared out of the USD/CAD trade?

I told you I tightened my stop and my limit and today I was limited out of my trade at .9450 for a total gain of 551 pips. The pip value had an average value of about $1.02 so we gained 563.70 minus a little interest of $13.70 so we netted $550 and the trade lasted 27 days (sold the pair on October 4th at 7:24am). So here is the big question. Were you patient enough to trade this trade? Were you willing to risk $80-$100 to make $550 and sit on the trade for 3 almost 4 weeks? Were your stops too tight and you got stopped out. Did you get bored and walk away from the trade early? Did I get out too soon? Do I like using question marks? Well do I???????????

Happy Halloween everyone.

2 comments:

BillA said...

Well, Blake... I've been in and out and back in the USD/CAD over the last few weeks. I got in on 10/15 (a couple of days early) but rode it till 10/21 when I tightened my stop and got stopped out. I entered one more time on 10/25 (with a small pullback) and have been in ever since (including riding out 11/1). Bottom line today (11/2): I'm still smiling! Bill

Blake Young said...

Way to trade Bill. Nice to see you here.