Thursday, September 27, 2007

$40 billion for swimming lessons

I compared the move by the fed to dump $40 BILLION into the market to add liquidity like having 3 drowning people in shark infested water. The housing market, the economy and the dollar are all drowning simultaneously, offering $40 BILLION in essence has the housing market and the economy trying to climb on top of the dollar to keep from drowning. Not only does this force the dollar to drown quicker but the life saving benefit is so temporary only offering maybe one or two more breaths for the two at the expense of the third. In the end, if nothing or no one can save the three of them, they will all suffer a similar watery, shark bate-y death.

You would think for $40 billion you could buy some pretty sweet swim lessons. Watch the fed with the $40 billion in swim lessons below.



"So, how do you like my swimming?"

4 comments:

BillA said...

Blake -- LOL, yes it's funny! -- and very apt. At best, with actions like the $40B infusion the Fed is applying Band Aids but nowhere near arriving at any real solutions to the underlying problems. (Or maybe the analogy should be rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic -- but that's really harsh.) At this point I think we're (the US in general) doing a lot of the proverbial "whistling past the grave yard." And, we don't seem to have any real economic leadership ready to offer "straight talk." -- Bill

Margie said...

I agree with the concept, but the video.... well I have been told that I do not have enough regard for the ridiculous. I admit that my sense of humour is limited, so continue having fun without me!

Sharyn said...

Blake,

I think the video's funny because there's a kernel of truth in it.

Blake Young said...

My concern is that they can't give straight talk because they don't know how what to do. If I could peak in their minds, I imagine they only see trying to save all 3 components; dollar, economy and the housing market. In the end they all perish. I think one needs to be sacrificed for the better good if not two.

I agree their is truth, they are struggling and yet acting like they are doing an amazing job, just because the market is climbing higher (watch for significant divergences).